I was recently given the Sunshine Award from Gracie, I actually had no idea what this was until I saw that I was given it haha. It’s a fun opportunity to get to know fellow bloggers more and I haven’t done a Q + A so – why not?
1. Include award logo in a post or on your blog.
2. Link to the person who nominated you.
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself.
4. Nominate 10 bloggers to receive the award and ask them 10 questions.
Here are the questions Gracie asked:
1. What’s your favorite childhood memory?
It would have to be going to Disney World on Christmas day in 1st grade. I was absolutely obsessed with Ariel and my mom gave me a table filled with Ariel gifts and tickets to Disney World.
2. What are your top 3 favorite things about yourself? Go on, brag
This is kinda hard-probably
1. My ability to accomplish any task I set my mind to. I have always had a “figure it out” mentality. Like starting a business, traveling the world, doing missionary work, creating one blog shutting it down and starting all over again… etc.
2. My hair – I have a lot of it. I like the thickness, color and length. My hair holds any style really well and I have even had it brown and blonde, short + long!
3. My ability to meet strangers and connect with them. It is really easy for me to make new friends and I love that I can meet new people and create a relationship with them.
3. What inspired you to start a blog?
I originally had a very popular nightlife blog www.asgoodasitsguests.com – I started that blog as just an outlet to share stories from working in nightlife (and shut it down when I went on the world race). I was a guest blogger for many bloggers and loved telling people about stories and adventures. I decided this year to start up Modern Wonderland – maybe many people will read it, maybe no one. However, it would be an outlet to share fun stories, advice, revelations and connect with people from around the world.
4. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
In this exact order – Make coffee, make breakfast, light a candle, read bible, journal, make to-do list, shower.
5. What’s your number one guilty pleasure?
6. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
People that chew loud.
People that slander.
People that talk about religion and not about relationship with Jesus.
7. Who is your celebrity crush?
My hot husband who resembles a few celebrities 😉
8. What goal are you working on right now?
FreelyLove campaign – to raise $20,000 for Love146 in November
9. What makes you feel the absolute most loved?
Gifts – period. I feel so freaking loved when people give me gifts or cards.
10. What are you looking forward to during the rest of 2013?
Growing this blog, pastoring with my new husband at Liberty Church, working on FreelyBe and the amazing adventure God is taking me on!
10 bloggers I nominate: (sorry if you’ve already gotten this! You can just ignore or answer the questions again if you’d like.)
- Alex from Muddy Moccasins
- Rachel from Lace and Likes
- Victoria from Vmac + Chesse
- Jen from Made by Girl
- Danni from Oh, hello friend
- Lexi from Glitter Inc
- Megan from Honey, we’re healthy
- Lauren from A Fabulous Fete
- Chantelle from Chantelle Grady
- Kelly from Fabulous K
1. What is your favorite quote?
2. Why did you start blogging?
3. What is your dream vacation?
4. If you could give one word of advice, what would it be?
5. Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
6. What is a typical saturday for you?
7. What do you do to de-stress?
8. How would you describe your style?
9. What is a new habit you’d like to start?
10. What is your most popular blog post?