Today on Instagram I shared my favorite salad and a few asked for the recipe so here it is:
- 1 1/2 handfuls of washed raw spinach
- 1/2 cup of chickpeas
- 1 pre-cooked chopped beet (sold at Trader Joe’s)
- 1/4 cup of chopped red onions
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- A few cherry tomatoes
- 2 diced sweet cherry peppers (peppadews)
- 1 large tablespoon of goat cheese
- Crushed Himalayan salt and pepper
- 1 veggie burger (I like the quinoa cowboy one from Trader Joe’s)
Here’s the trick!
Put the entire salad together and add the goat cheese on the top center. Cook the veggie burger in a skillet with olive oil for 7 minutes till its crispy. Let the burger cool for 1 minute then place on top of the goat cheese. Let the salad sit for 5 minutes. Add a little extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vingar! Enjoy!!
The veggie burger and goat cheese make this amazing flavor like fried goat cheese! Tell me how you like it!!