Low Carb Eggplant Parmesan
Growing up, this was one of my favorite recipes. So I decided to make a low carb version for the Revival Diet.
- 3 (you can make this for you and a friend or have leftovers)
- Ready In:
- 45 minutes
- 1 large eggplant
- 12 slices of munster cheese
- 1.5 cups of shredded parmesan
- Red Pepper flakes
- Olive oil
- 1/4 cup of flaxseed meal
- 1 bulb of garlic chopped
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 3 cans of diced tomatoes
- 2 cans of tomato paste
- salt + pepper to taste
- 1 hand full of basil
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- Turn oven on broil.
- Place the eggplant slices in an even layer on a baking sheet after poking holes with a fork. Sprinkle with olive oil and salt. Broil eggplant slices for about 7 minutes or until browned, flip, and broil for about 5 more minutes. Take Eggplant out and put aside.
- Meanwhile, in a pan add the 1/2 cup of olive oil, onions and garlic. Cook on medium heat till browned.
- Once the eggplant is broiled take out of oven. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the browned garlic and onions to a pot. Put on medium heat and add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, salt and pepper. Let simmer for 20 minutes and stir every 5.
- In a glass baking dish spread the marinara sauce.
- In the prepared baking dish, layer: ½ cup sauce, 4 eggplant slices, a slice of munster cheese on each slice of eggplant, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and sprinkle flaxseed meal.
- Repeat layering until finished then top off with sauce, cheese + flaxseed meal.
- Place dish in oven and bake for 25 minutes. Then Enjoy!