After a busy day of working on NYC-Collective – all I usually want to do is eat dinner, read a book and fall asleep. Sometimes health + caring for myself seems to fall at the wayside. One of my New Years Resolutions has been to take better care of myself. I am turning (THIRTY!) this year and am actually pretty excited. However, as I get older I am seeing the effects of “The Hustle” of New York City.
I hope this post can help you implement a great skincare routine into your life whether it is busy or not…
1. I always make sure to put on something comfy which makes it WAY easier to relax and get settled in for the night.
2. I love using make-up removal wipes AS SOON as I get home.
The less hours I can have make-up on, the better.
I love these by no.7 – You can get them here
*I got these from a beauty event in a gift bag and have been obsessed ever since.
3. About two years ago – I walked into Sephora absolutely clueless when it came to skincare. The sales person told me to start off with a good facial cleanser. Since then, this one by Philosophy has been my lifeline.4. Okay… these are my 2015 evening essentials
- Oscar Blandi Hair Serum (available here)
– I place a small amount in my hands and let it sit in my hair overnight. I dye my hair and so I need any serum I can get my hands on haha
- Tata Harper Bedtime Treatment (available here)
– My mind is always racing with ideas. All my friends are into essential oils. I know nothing about them but I know that this stuff smells good, quiets my mind, and helps me relax.
- Pevonia Lumafirm lift and glow eye contour (available here)
– Now that I am growing out of my 20’s, I am recognizing the need to take care of my eyes. I actually keep this by my bedside and apply in the morning, before I check Instagram
- Pevonia Botanica Ligne Myoxy-Caviar timeless eye contour (available here)
– THE BOSS. There is something about this product, maybe it’s that one of the ingredients is caviar… I don’t know. Every time I use this at night, I feel like a boss. When I wake up, my eyes look fresh and this stuff just works.
- Diptyque candle Feu de Bois mini (available here)
-My friend Kristen got this mini candle for me and has now forever destroyed my budgeting skills. This scent is Wood Fire and is my favorite scent to read to before I fall asleep. Cozy COZY!!
- The Message Bible (available here)
– I love falling asleep to the Word of God. I read the ESV version during the day, but at night I like to read the message version. I especially like to read Psalms before I fall asleep.
A David Psalm
62 1-2 God, the one and only—
I’ll wait as long as he says.
Everything I need comes from him,
so why not?
He’s solid rock under my feet,
breathing room for my soul,
An impregnable castle:
I’m set for life.
Psalm 62:1-2 The Message (MSG)
The last things I do is give my puppy nugget a cuddle. She is so cute!