If you have never been to Fashion Week – you probably don’t understand what all the hype is about.
So picture this:
- Artists working for months to showcase their absolute best to a room of people that have come from all around the world.
- The music starts and you can feel the bass under your seat.
- Each show only lasts for about 15 minutes but you leave inspired and energized and creative.
Throughout the last week and a half I’ve had different NYFW events, shows and parties to go to. The week really varies between tastemaker panels, product launches, and the actual shows.
I personally enjoyed the Details magazine Tech and Tastemakers summit:
I learned a lot about upcoming social platforms and about fashion/tech which is helpful to my company NYC-collective.
On Tuesday night, Gracie and I went to a Juicy Couture Party at Goldbar. Although it was a little crowded we seemed to have a fun time!
However, my favorite day was definitely Thursday! Gracie invited me to go to the J Mendel show with her and we had so much fun!
And it wouldn’t be fashion week without a little personal fashion:
I took a car from my apartment and traffic was so bad – so I did my nails in the car and took a selfie. I had to make sure I showed this amazing Ben-Amun necklace!
Here is the complete look:
- Shoes – Urban Outfitters – Sale! $20 (yes, they are metallic gold!!)
- Pants – 5Units
- T-shirt – H&M – $10
- Blazer- Banana Republic – $250
- Bag – Dolce Vita Handbags – $198
- Hair – I used the blow out creme by Oscar Blandi
- Jewelry – Necklace Ben-Amun, Rings Melanie Auld, Bracelets Melanie Auld + Sisco Berluti
By the way – I am really into wearing white after labor day – and the monochrome style. What are your thoughts about white after labor day?